Thursday, April 6, 2017

Cover page

For the creation of my cover page, I will use as an example some magazines of tourism that already exist in the market and they called my attention a lot. These magazines will help me to stick with my project and will be a guide to see its structure. Analyzing the covers of these I realize that the cover design is very important and this is what makes the people come back to see, read and buy the magazine. For this I must focus a lot on the cover and put all my creativity and originality in the realization of this so that my magazine awakens the interest and people want to acquire it.


Today I begin to make the sketches of the cover and I can realize that this must be elaborated correctly, it is very important that I choose the correct typography, and the margins. The image I  choose should call the attention of people and this should be selected within all photographs I took. Ufff that is going to be a difficult job to decide since I have many photos that call my attention, so I will ask the opinion of some people to choose the best. The masthead should be easy to read, the name should be the most attractive of the design as it is one of the first things that people encounter whenever they see the magazine somewhere, the typography must be legible and the color should be combinable with many colors so you do not have to change it in each edition.


It hasn’t been easy designing my cover page, I’ve doubted every decision I make and I keep changing and changing things. I just want it to look amazing and it’s been hard deciding the font, the color, the picture, etc… I honestly have so many ideas but it’s like I try them and they just doesn’t look right and it is kind of stressful but I can make it and I will make it. I’ve been really focused on the producing of my magazine and I actually enjoy it now. I feel like I am gaining skills for life and learning a bunch of new things..


It is important that I keep one style and do not mix more than two sources on the cover because  this will make it easier to read and it will not lose structure.

After several tests of colors to use, I can see that if I mix colors these must combine and I have to be careful with their use so that it does not lose order. When I look at the covers of the magazines used as an example, I realize that the colors they use appeal to the eye. Another very important point that I must consider for the cover is that I have to be careful with the spelling because it would be very embarrassing to have spelling mistakes on the cover.

Look at some sketches, soon you will know which will be the chosen one. I am definitely going to work on both and see which one comes out better but for now I know that these are my two options and that either of them will be part of my magazine.





No comments:

Post a Comment