Sunday, April 2, 2017

"Enjoying" Wynwood

ufff.. finally I feel I've moved forward with the making of my magazine. I am more calm now that I have the pictures. I am really involved with this and nothing can stop my now to release my magazine probably next week. 

Definitely it was an exhausting weekend but it was full of new experiences. I got to see Wynowwd in different way because the time I went before it was only to know the place but now I feel the place. I got to talk with a lot of people and know what this place means to them and how they see it. Also, I was more attentive with every single detail to capture the essence of Wynwood in the best pictures for my magazine. So, I got a new perspective of a place that for me before was only some wall with paint. I realized that to make a tourism magazine, I have to know well and love the place being shown to transmit this to the audience for it to be sold. There was so many people of all ages and I noticed that everyone took pictures EVERYONE, like they all want to have a lot of memories of this place because with the people I talked they thought this art district is amazing.

It was definitely hard taking the pictures because there was a lot of people taking their own pictures and I didn't want them to appear in the picture because you couldn't see the whole wall. Also the lighting wasn't always at my benefit and it has hard capturing the hole wall cause some are really big. There where times were I had to wait up to fifteen minutes for the walls to clear out completely. And also since this is Florida you can imagine the weather... it was a really hot day.

Funny anecdote... I LOST THE CAMERA! I need to tie my shoes and so I did, and I left the camera in the bench and like half hour later I realized I didn't have it and came back to the place and luckily someone gave it to the cops and I got it back :)

After all the pictures I took, now that I am looking at them, I don't know which one would be good for my cover image because I have a lot I want to use but I can't use them all... I will be looking at them more to see which one I think is the best.

Here are some pictures of my day..





No comments:

Post a Comment